Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?


VAT included

OUT OF STOCK - Will come back soon!

Milk Raw Milk, Cow, Sheep

A Slow Food Presidium

Ancient Piedmontese Tradition

Limited production


Montebore is a niche and refined cheese born in the province of Alessandria, produced with raw cow's milk for 70% and sheep's milk for the remaining 30%. The appearance is very particular, with a white tower shape, often called a wedding cake shape, it is said that it was inspired by the shape of the Roman castles.
The surface is smooth and wet when fresh, it becomes more wrinkled as it ages.

Montebore is so precious in Piedmont it actually is a protected Slow Food Presidium, renowned for it's attention to tradition, and incredible taste.

Though the cheese was a royal favourite in the 15th century, production died out in the years following the Second World War. It was not until 1999 that one producer yet again took up the traditional production and began creating this delicious cheese.

Production is still small, and we are happy to be able to share this delicious Piedmontese excellence with you near and far!

Montebore goes well with many dishes such as porridge, caramelised figs, orange marmalade and honey. The wine that best accompanies is a nice young red with hints of balsamic herbs.


Click here to find out more about delivery costs, times, more shipping info and how we ship in summertime.

We prepare the order in 24-48 hours and shipping to Europe usually takes 2 or 3 days.

Our priority is to pack and ship the products safely. All the different types of cheese are vacuum sealed and we use dry ice and cool bags to keep the products fresh and their quality intact.

Wine and all bottles in general are shipped in inflatable bags, designed to protect them throughout their journey. Please note that all packaging can be easily reused.

Watch the video of how we pack and ship 

Cow and sheep milk, rennet, salt.

Techical sheet

You may also like...

Other by the producer...

Reliable Deliveries

Shipping in EU starts at 9,60€ It's free for orders above 129€. More info here

Secure Payments

You can safely pay with your credit card, PayPal or Klarna.

Special Packaging

We ship products in special packages to preserve their quality.